Under or graduate students, or professionals can apply. All applicants are expected to have completed at least 2 years of studies in Engineering or related disciplines (professionals or students from other disciplines are welcomed to apply as well).
To apply to one of our International Schools, please fill out the following form where you will need to upload your CV, Cover Letter and Proof of English Proficiency.
Practical Matters of Arrival
Students from partner international universities have a preferential discount:
- 400 USD (for Engineering and Society, and Sustainable Development and Circular Economy)
- 440 USD (for Perspectives on Seismic Hazard Analysis and Disaster Risk Management)
- Groups may apply for a special price per student.
- Students from Universidad de Concepción and Pontificia Universidad Católica de Valparaíso may apply for a preferential discount.
- USACH students and alumni may apply for a preferential discount.
Please contact us at email@example.com for this information.
Where could I stay in?
We currently have an agreement with Hostel Chile Lindo, a well-priced hostel for students, with excellent location and good infrastructure. The cost varies from CLP 8,500 (10.2 USD) per night, including a good breakfast, in a shared room of 7, 9 or 12 persons.
The location of the hostel is at around 1.5 kms. from university campus (20-25 minutes by walking). In order to make a reservation, you need to write directly to firstname.lastname@example.org and mention you are an incoming student for Facultad de Ingeniería-USACH.
We do not interfere in that process so that your final price is tax-free.
For your reference, please visit Hostel Chile Lindo website here (chilelindohostel.cl).
If you prefer another option, there are several fair-priced hostels in downtown Santiago. We will be happy to help you to search!.
Do I need a health insurance?
You are obliged to have appropriate health insurance while staying in Chile. This must cover medical emergencies and repatriations. As soon as you purchase it, please send it to email@example.com after registration.
Do I need a visa?
To attend our International Schools, you will only need your passport, a round trip flight and the Acceptance letter; however, we recommend you to check the Chilean consulates web sites just to make sure the status you need to stay in Santiago within 90 days chile.gob.cl/en/consulados/.
How do I get to my place of stay?
The International Airport of Santiago (Arturo Merino Benítez) is the only one in the city. From the airport, you can travel by bus, transfer or limo cabs.
- Limo cabs: There are official cabs that can take you from the airport to any place in Santiago. The fare may vary depending on the distance and should not exceed 15,000 – 20,000 CLP (18 – 24 USD) Therefore, we recommend you to previously ask about the price.
- Transfer: It is a shared mean of transport which price varies according to the destination, being between 3,000 and 8,000 CLP (3.6 – 9.7 USD)
- Bus: There are two bus companies. The ticket costs around 2,000 CLP (2.5 USD) and they drop you in the subway station Los Héroes –close to Chile Lindo hostel– in downtown Santiago.
Where is the USACH located?
To move around in Santiago, there is the Red Metropolitana de Movilidad (Metropolitan Transportation System, former Transantiago), which includes the Metro (subway), buses and MetroTren Nos (rail service) tariffs using the BIP! Card –you can buy this prepaid card in the different metro stations. Metro subway link: metro.cl.
The Usach campus is located in Estación Central district. There are three different Metro stations surrounded the campus: Estación Central and Universidad de Santiago (southern campus), and Quinta Normal (northern campus). Depending on where you are staying, you will need to get off in any of these stations, in case you are taking the Metro.